Monday, March 25, 2013

Welcome

Did I mention that I sell realestate?  Don't think I have on "acapecodnest" blogspot.  I do, have for some years now.  Love homes, always have loved to look at houses.  Now I sell them.  I just love a warm welcome front entry... A home...no matter how big or small is where all gather.  for love, laughter, warmth, and safety. 
Do you know a "red" door means welcome?

A bit blurry I know, this was my former house.  We bought it in 1995 and sold it in 2008 before the market crashed.  We loved this home.


I like the simplicity of this front entry.

As I get older,...I at times feel that a little tiny adorable cottage-shed will do just fine....just for me of course....no room for the beast or the hubby.  Is not this little dwelling inviting?  How nice would that be to have a "studio place" of my own?  Something to think about.

I started this post with a welcome sign with a pineapple on it.  Did you know that in the 1700's and 1800's it was custom in a seaside town for the sea captains ...when they returned to their towns port to split a pineapple in half (something they got on the islands they visited for merchandise), and when the towns people saw the 1/2 pineapple on the front door of the captains house...it ment he was home from his far away voyage. Safe and sound. You were welcomed to call upon him and visit.

Have a great rest of your Monday....and a blessed week.

Nest in Peace...............Karen

No comments: